Monday, January 24, 2011

We're finally here, part two!

After a six hour plane ride, nine suitcases (!), two nights in a hotel, and a loooong check-in, we finally moved into our Chatham Square two-bedroom apartment. (Come visit us!)

Exciting news: Tasha and I both got placed in the Magic Kingdom! She is doing Custodial in the Streets, and I am in Quick Service Food and Beverage, outdoor. We're excited that we'll be in the same place and in our favorite park!

We made it through Traditions, Disney's program to introduce every new employee to the company philosophies and parks. We each did some e-training, I went through park orientation, and Tasha is doing hers today. Later today, I am going to suit up in my costume and go work on location. Tash should be getting her costume today, so perhaps we'll have a picture post later this week.

Florida is fun. It's different. We are having a few money stresses, and the transportation is hard to get used to, but once we get the hang of it things will be great.

This is a short post, I know, especially after such a long break. More is coming, I promise! In the meantime, here is my training schedule (for those of you who are interested in what the hours are like down here):

Monday (today) the 24th: 15:15 to 23:30
Tuesday the 25th: OFF
Wednesday the 26th: OFF
Thursday the 27th: 13:15 to 21:30
Friday the 28th: 11:15 to 19:30
Saturday the 29th: 8:15 to 16:30

Thanks for reading! Another post is coming soon, I promise!

1 comment:

  1. yay! Glad you guys are having fun! We're in Chatham, too. : ) Happy training!

    ReplyDelete