Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Ring, Ring

For all those prospective Disney College applicants, we wanted to do a couple of quick posts about The Phone Interview.

I'll start with mine, and Tasha will post all about hers at a later date. Hopefully we have some useful information for some Disney College hopefuls out there!

Kelsi's Telephone Interview
I scheduled my phone interview for August 24th at one p.m. It wasn't very strategic scheduling- it was the same day that I was moving out of the house and the day after I bought Mockingjay, so I had been up til 5 a.m. the night before, reading. But I digress!

I was nervous, I'll admit it. But I did feel well-prepared; I spent all morning reading up on common interview questions, plus Tasha had told me all about her own interview (which was the night before mine).

When my phone finally rang (11 minutes after one), I'm pretty sure my lungs shriveled up in sheer terror. But it wasn't bad. My interviewer had a very chirpy voice and a very Southern accent, and she was sweet and chatty. Some of the questions she asked that I remember:
-Why do you want to work for Disney?
-Do you prefer to work individually or as a team?
-Do you have any experience with public speaking?
-What would you do if a roommate was inconsiderate of your sleeping schedule?

So after about fifteen minutes of such questions, we wrapped up the interview, I thanked my interviewer, hung up, and finally relaxed after two weeks of stress...

And then, ten minutes later, she called me back! Turns out, she'd forgotten to ask some important questions (about computers and also cleaning). So be prepared for the (slim) possibility of getting a second call. It definitely caught me off guard.

Overall, things went well enough; I was nervous, but I didn't end up regretting any of my answers. I made sure to sincerely thank the interviewer when we were finished. I think there was a little too much nerves-induced maniacal laughing on my part, but it didn't end up to be that much of a problem.

The number one tip I can give is to be relaxed and cheerful. It isn't that bad of an interview, and you feel so great when you're finished.

So that was my interview! Tasha will be posting hers soon, I'm sure!

2 comments:

  1. im going to disney too!!! im an ICP!! what about you??

    when are you arriving at WDW?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelsi is in QSFB and I am in Custodial! It's so excited to talk to a fellow cast member.

    We arrive on the 19th. What about you?

    ReplyDelete