Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Flight, Part 1: What We'll Do

We love traveling.

But even more than that, we love making the travel plans.

Tasha and I just bought our plane tickets to Orlando. We'll be flying out of Utah on January 17th in the early afternoon, and arriving in Orlando at about 9:00 p.m.

We're looking at a four hour flight (minimum). Not counting the layover.

Needless to say, we'll be bringing along a lot of goodies to keep us occupied.

Natasha's Travel Essentials
One: Elton John
Or just music in general. Tash and I both plan on loading up our iPods with long, interesting travel playlists. Elton John just happens to be one of Tasha's personal favorites.
Two: Sketching Supplies
Of course Tasha will be bringing along a sketchbook and some coloring pencils. She's definitely going to be doodling some Disney heroines during the flight (especially Rapunzel and Esmeralda), and airports are the best place to people watch-and-sketch.
Three: Midnight Pomegranate
Natasha bathes in the Midnight Pomegranate scent from Bath and Body Works. This is not an exaggeration. She will most certainly have a travel-sized bottle of body spray tucked into her carry-on.
Four: Variety Kit-Kats
Tasha's favorites are the dark and white chocolate. I, on the other hand, only like regular.
Five: Airplane Reading
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson, American Creation by Joseph J. Ellis, and The Book Thief by Markus Zusak.

Shared Travel Essentials
Six: Fruit Crisps
More airplane snackage! We'll both be bringing our own favorite candy, but Fruit Crisps are lighter and healthy(ish), and also happen to be the best granola bars around. Tash and I both love them, so we'll be sharing.
Seven: Playing Cards
We come from a game-playing family. I've been looking up a lot of two-player card games that I've never heard of and really want to try on the airplane.
Eight: Water
Staying hydrated is important! We'll want to have cold water in our bag all the time to keep us going during our long day.
Nine: Coloring Books
A mutual love! Coloring books are the best way to pass the time when you're flying. Tasha already has a neato Tangled coloring book, and I'm sort of hoping to find a Princess and the Frog one before we go.

Kelsi's Travel Essentials
Ten: Airplane Reading
Tried by War by James M. McPherson, His Finest Hour by Christopher Catherwood, and The Great Divorce by C.S. Lewis.
Eleven: My Computer
What's this I hear about wifi in airplanes? Is that just a rumor? Well, whether it is or isn't, I'll definitely be carrying my computer with me everywhere. Maybe I will even do some blogging whilst in flight!
Twelve: Peanut Butter M&Ms
My favorite! Tasha likes them too, maybe we will work out a candy barter system.
Thirteen: Writing Supplies
My ultimate favorite thing to do while flying is write lists. To-do lists, favorites lists, et cetera. I'm sure I'll be organizing papers and writing budgets and time charts all the way to Orlando, to prepare for our move-in to college housing.
Fourteen: Johnny Cash
I am on a Johnny Cash kick lately. If that is still the case in January, I will probably be listening to a lot of his music on the way to Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment