Wednesday, December 1, 2010

If You Can Dream It, You Can Do It!

I don't know if it's the recent onslaught of snowstorms in Utah or just end-of-semester burnout, but I have been fantasizing about Disney College so much lately. Thus, instead of paying attention in class, I make lists in my margins of things Tash and I want to do in Florida, packing lists, grocery lists, et cetera. I've seen a lot of other bloggers share their Disney goals, so I thought we could do the same!

Tasha and Kelsi's Disney College Bucket List

1. Conquer the Kingdom: That is, ride every attraction and see every show in the Magic Kingdom in just one day.
2. Spend at least one full day at every Disney park: Water parks included.
3. See every single show and parade in DisneyWorld: Also, I hear that seeing "Wishes" from the Polynesian resort is extra magical? We will shoot for that as well.
4. Take a picture with every character: Every single one! This is probably our most ambitious goal but also very important. Also, we need to both be present in all the photos! Crazy!
5. Eat at a restaurant in every country in the World Showcase: I really want to go to Le Cellier in Canada. I hear reservations are booked months in advance! Intimidating!
6. Spend at least one weekend at one of the Disney resorts: I've only been to DisneyWorld once, so I don't know a lot about the hotels they have to offer. I just like the idea of checking into a luxurious resort and having some calming time in the midst of our (sure-to-be-crazy) work schedules.
7. Have parties for every Pixar movie: This isn't exactly related to the parks and is also kind of weird, but Tash and I have wanted to have a Ratatouille party FOREVER (as in, have a party where we watch Ratatouille and eat ratatouille. Genius!). So I think it would be great to have parties in which we watch a Pixar movie and have snacks that are related to that movie! Initial brainstorms include: eat pizza and watch Toy Story (with our favorite toys), eat goldfish crackers and watch Finding Nemo. What can I say? We are nerds.

So there you go! If anyone has any suggestions of things we can add to the list, we are very open. And we are getting so excited! This is not quite a comprehensive list yet, we'll probably keep editing it until January.

ON A FINAL NOTE:
If any of you out there can't get enough of this Disney College madness, Tash and I also have a seldom-updated Listography account!
We'll hopefully be updating it more often now that we are closer to departure.

9 comments:

  1. loving the blog! keep up with it- i wish i had written more when i was down in florida! definitely stick to that bucket list and start booking your reservations for dining asap!!! i answered your question in the comments on my blog. if you need any other help just let me know! you're going to love it!!! what's your role?

    ps... fireworks from the polynesian are EXTRA magical. stop in at captain cook's for self-serve dole whip and enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, pixar movie party sounds amazing! This need to happen :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Jaime I just have one thing to say to you: YOU'RE INVITED! And also they will happen! Okay maybe that is two things.

    And THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU Katey! You are so sweet and I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishes is definitely amazing from poly. if you get there early enough, you can relax on the chairs and listen to the waves on the beach...its nice!
    all the resorts are amazing! my favorite was Old Key West...but that's a dvc resort(i was lucky enough to be dating a guy whos family were dvc members, i got to stay at a few places because of that) but take advantage of the resorts stays, because you get a discount!
    your list sounds awesome and i am SO jealous! i miss disney everyday!

    ps. *waves* hi tasha! (its me sean's fiance)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Jess! Thanks for all your advice. You really are an inspiration! Magic radiates from you skin! Congrats, by the way. The big day is coming up :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey y'all! Just wanted to say I love your blog. I only have one complaint... I wish you'd update more often! Haha I love the bucket list and I know my list of Disney things to do has a couple of similar items on it. My roomies and I already have plans to watch Wishes from the Polynesian one of our first nights there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ah thanks Tasha! and i do hope you come to the reception! a: to see rune all dressed up in a tux, and b: its "up" themed of course! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lisa! Thank you so much. I couldn't help but take a little sneak at your wonderful blogs! One of your first nights at the Polynesian? So jealous!

    And Jess, I would love to come, although Rune hasn't filled me in completely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. say what???? you should beat him up for it! lol! jk. ill write you more info on fb about it.

    ReplyDelete